Phoenix JTAC Training System
The Phoenix JTAC Training System allows aircraft such as the Pilatus PC-21, the T-6 Texan, Bombardier Learjet or Dassault Alphajet to emulate the target location and weapon aiming and employment systems of Close Air Support (CAS) assets such as the F/A-18 Hornet and F-16 Fighting Falcon.
The Phoenix cockpit subsystem is a pilot/sensor operator Human Machine Interface (HMI) which emulates the sensor control and weapon aiming capabilities of Close Air Support (CAS) assets without permanently modifying your aircraft. This subsystem incorporates the following components:
- A tablet-based sensor and communications control system
- A tablet based Digitally Aided CAS (DACAS) system that enables the pilot to conduct a DACAS mission with a standard JTAC ground kit
- A Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) that presents target information and a Weapon Aiming Solution (WAS) to the pilot/sensor operator
- A standalone Stores Management Panel (SMP).
The Phoenix JTAC pod is a lightweight targeting pod which emulates the targeting pod capabilities of Close Air Support (CAS) assets without permanently modifying your aircraft. The Phoenix pod is comprised of the following components:
- Electro Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensor
- Laser Pointer
- Laser Designator (optional)
- MIL-SPEC Mission Computer
- Aircraft to JTAC tactical link
- Aircraft to JTAC Video Down Link (VDL)
- Aircraft to Instructor/Ground Control Station link
- Aircraft independent power source
- Wi-Fi communication to cockpit.
The Phoenix JTAC Student interface enables your aircraft to communicate with contemporary digitally capable man-portable ground equipment using one or more military and/or commercial communication standards such as:
- Variable Message Format (VMF) over Combat Net Radio (CNR)
- Analog/Digital Video Down Link (VDL)
- IP based wideband networks
The Phoenix JTAC stores system provides practice weapon carriage and employment capabilities.
The Phoenix JTAC ground-based instructor monitoring and control station provides the following capability:
- Remote control/monitoring of the targeting pod for single pilot operation and/or UAV emulation
- Real-time instructor monitoring of the training exercise
- Record and replay functionality for the debriefing of JTAC student exercises
- A Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) gateway to other training assets.