Latest Deals

India’s is closing on the purchase of 31 MQ-9B remotely piloted aircraft, signifying an advancement in unmanned surveillance capabilities. Credit: General Atomics

India bolsters defence arsenal with $4bn deal for MQ-9B drones

The US State Department has approved the $4bn sale of 31 MQ-9B SkyGuardian drones to India, which will bolster the country’s burgeoning autonomous capabilities. The package includes MQ-9B Sky Guardian aircraft, Embedded Global Positioning and inertial Navigation Systems, Hellfire missiles, Laser Small Diameter Bombs, among other equipment, according to the US DSCA. India previously acquired two of the MQ-9 drones in 2020 from General Atomics.

Netherlands boosts Ukraine’s defence with €122m security deal

In a move to fortify Ukraine’s defence capabilities, the Netherlands has injected €122m ($131.7m) into ammunition, equipment, and cybersecurity initiatives, signalling continued support in the face of mounting challenges. Broken down, the deal will see €87m committed to fund artillery ammunition, €25m for other equipment, and €10m for cyber defences. The financial injection is an extension of the €130m previously earmarked for shells through a German-led fund.

UAE spends big on counter-UAS at UMEX 2024

Tawazun Council, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) defence acquisitions authority for the country’s Ministry of Defense, has announced the signing of five deals with total value $264.3m during the opening day of the Unmanned Systems Exhibition (UMEX) in Abu Dhabi. Detailing the deals on 23 January, Tawazun Council stated the overall value of deals signed with three UAE-based companies amounted to Dh899m ($244.7m), while two contracts at a combined value of Dh72m went to overseas entities.

Source: Pharmaceutical Technology

Spanish and US navies combine $90m purchase of Mk41 VLS

The US Department of Defense (DoD) contracted Lockheed Martin to exercise options for the Mk41 VLS used onboard US and Spanish warships. This contract modification, announced on 25 January 2024, combines purchases for the US Navy, which will finance 97% of the support; and the Government of Spain, which will fund the remaining 3% under the Foreign Military Sales programme. The DoD expects the work to be completed by June 2027.