Alignment Technology - protecting your investments
Ship Alignment System
The Aligner 308 is designed for static alignment of shipboard weapon systems. It enables alignment with the ship afloat, simpler, faster and, yet afloat, more accurate than conventional dry-dock alignment.
Imposing minimal influence on the ship's routines, the Aligner 308 implies huge savings in time and operational costs compared to using traditional methods.
Every type of station or structure aboard can be aligned using Aligner 308. Mechanical adapters for firm attachment of the Tilt Sensors to the different weapon stations are used to ensure best possible results.
Aligner 308, configuration example
Gyros are aligned by connecting them electrically. Thus, the same signals as used by the weapon stations are used for aligning the gyros. Simpler, faster and more accurate than traditional methods.
Ship's gyros are aligned by connecting to their digital data outputs. Thus, the Aligner 308 uses same signals as the weapon control system and cannot only align the gyros but also check the their performance. In addition, the advanced software enables extensive functional verification and tracing of possible faults of the weapon system.
Optical Tracking Evaluation System
- Project oriented; one ship / occasion - one project
- Easily retrive results from any project
- Built-in step-by-step guided alignment procedures - auto calculated roll, pitch, azimuth, elevation - no manual calculations
- Built-in step-by-step guided calibration functions + much more...
- Up to eight video sources can be connected
- Up to four video channels can be monitored/recorded/replayed simultaneously
- Ship’s tracker director cameras and A224 Gun Cameras can be combined arbitrarily
- True gun barrel axis measurement
- High precision, i.e. resolution, repeatability and accuracy
- High optical/mechanical stability over temperature and time
- Precise Gun Camera installation in only a few seconds
- Gun Camera is self-aligned to the bore. No adjustments necessary
- Gun adapters for Aligner 308 and all Aligner 2xx systems are compatible
- Built-in electronic cross hairs
- Electronic cross hairs setup for ship's tracker/director cameras
- Built-in optional video tracker enables convenient target tracking in multiple windows, simultaneously
Aligner 224, Mk4
Our latest model. The separate Video Acquisition Unit enables a wide choice of PCs. The PC on the picture is a rugged, mil spec laptop.
Aligner 224, Mk4
The picture illustrates an alignment analysis where the video from a gun camera is compared to that of the ship's IR tracking camera.
Calibrated cross hairs
Cross hairs can be calibrated for both Gun Cameras and for the ship's tracker cameras, thus enabling true absolute and relative measurements to be made.
Video Acquisition Unit (VAU)
Enables up to four Gun Cameras and four ship's tracker/director cameras to be connected.